- Welcome to RunSmart Leyland
- A totally free, Social Running Group based in Leyland, Lancashire.
- Run by Qualified UK Athletics Coaches and Leaders in Running Fitness.
- Meet every Monday and Wednesday at 8pm near the Leyland Cross Tesco Click and Collect Building
- 5km and 8km route options normally available, Fully Supported 10 week Beginners Groups.
- Non-Affiliated, therefore members of other Clubs / Groups very welcome
- Minimum Age 12 – Under 16s to be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Principal RunSmart Leaders
UKA Licence Number: 3306751
Coach in Running Fitness
Damian is married with 2 young children and is a Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors by profession however has a passion for running, cycling and fitness in general.
He has completed the London Marathon, the Preston Guild Marathon and The Great North Run several times along with numerous 10km and 5km races.
An active member of the local Red Rose Road Runners running club and a regular at Cuerden Valley parkrun.
Damian is a fully Qualified Coach in Running Fitness through UK Athletics.
UKA Licence Number: 3351064
Leader in Running Fitness
Carl is married with 4 young children and is a Paramedic by profession though still manages to fit regular running and cycling into his very hectic life!
Carl has completed the Preston Guild Marathon and Coniston Trail Marathon. He has completed a number of 10 mile, 10km and 5km races along with being a bit of a regular at events like Tough Mudder and the Brooks Hell Runner “Hell up North”
A regular runner and volunteer at Cuerden Valley parkrun. Often seen directing tired runners with at least 1 child in Hi Viz helping out or pushing a double Baby Jogger up and down the undulations!
Other Qualified Leaders
Robert Taylor – Leader in Running Fitness / Phil Crabtree – Leader in Running Fitness
Kate Clipston – Leader In Running Fitness / Rob Mather – Leader in Running Fitness
Karen Bishop – Leader in Running Fitness / Paul Fazakerley – Leader In Running Fitness
Ian Fairey – Leader In Running Fitness / Jenny Bradley – Leader in Running Fitness
Jon Bond – Leader in Running Fitness / Chris Holland – Leader in Running Fitness
Gareth Fairey – Laura Houghton – Belinda Dargie – Paul Kenyon – Amanda Simpson
Steven Moon – Zoe Cain – Louise Withnell – Chris Bridge – Steve Taylor
Simon Barker – Michelle Griffiths – Darren Wilson